This is a delicious, mildly zesty, dairy-free slow cooker meal. I love cooking in the slow cooker because they are low-effort recipes and make a lot of great leftovers! When you convert to cooking with whole ingredients you’ll be amazed how amazing leftovers taste.
- 1 Tbl avocado oil to coat the bottom
- Beef shoulder roast
- 3 Tbl Mexican spice blend (2 Tbl rubbed directly on roast)
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 cups Normandy Mix or other veggie of choice (Normandy is a frozen mix available at BJs that has summer squashes, carrots, etc)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 chunks of garlic (or 3 or 4 cloves)
Oil bottom of slow cooker, place in the roast (rubbed with spices). Then add the water and the remaining ingredients.
Set slow cooker to 8 hr low, but at 7 hours in remove the meat and chop/separate it all up and put it back in. Leave the lid off until the majority of the liquid is gone (another half hour ish)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp psyllium husk
Mix these 3 ingredients together well, then add to crock pot and stir thoroughly.
Mmmmm, … cat food!
But no seriously, this was delicious 🙂