- 5 cups of greens (fresh or frozen): spinach, celery (plus leaves), lettuce, kale, chard, dandelion, chickweed, parsley, cilantro…anything Green & Leafy! Organic greens best – greens are frequently laden with pesticides.
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (fiber and awesome thickener)
- 2 tsp Spirulina
- ~ 1 tsp MCT oil (if ketogenic, this is an awesome way to add some more good fats to the diet)
- 1 chunk of SCOBY (optional, free probiotic; if you brew kombucha, this is the ‘mother’ that reproduces itself)
- 1 Tbl Tumeric
- 1 Tbl Ginger (powdered or fresh)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 squirt of Vanilla Sweet Drops (flavored stevia sweetener. Optional of course, but assists in allowing the greens to fruit ratio to be even higher and still be deliciousness)
- 2-3 cups organic berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Fill with 6 cups water.
This makes two mega-large smoothies. I keep the second for the next day; but you want to drink it within a day to maximize its nutrient goodness!
Once you’re ready for more variety, try a smoothie with 1 – 2 tsp raw fresh garlic – adds an entirely new dimension! Though not all people (ahem, my husband) care for the taste. Raw garlic is an amazingly powerful superfood.