Cold slaws are awesome munchy foods … if you just can’t shake the desire to eat – make it vegetables! They’re crunchy and salty and sure to satisfy – without the guilt later. Cold slaws can be mixed and matched, just choose your veggie base and then choose your sauce (creamy vs vinaigrette).
- Cucumbers – sliced and quartered. Cucumbers need to have some liquid removed before use – so mix them with 2 tsp salt and allow to sit for 30 minutes then drain.
- OR raw cabbage mix (e.g. coleslaw). BJ’s sells this stuff bagged if you want less work – half a bag works out well.
- Add green onions or leeks. For leeks you only use the white part (fine dice)…but be sure to keep the tough green parts in your Scrap bag for bone broth!
- 1 cup mayo
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar (with mother)
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- salt and pepper
- (you can add variety to this dressing by alternately adding 1 tsp of oregano, or marjoram, or sage, or …)
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (with mother)
- 1-2 Tbl raw honey (OR 1/4 tsp maple flavor + 10 drops stevia)
- 1 Tbl dried parsley
- Salt and pepper