Here’s another awesome recipe that focuses on veggies and meat. This can even be enjoyed ON more vegetables – like sauteed spinach, or a bed of lettuce.
Variety is king! Artichokes are low in fat while rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Particularly high in folate and vitamins C and K, they also supply important minerals, such as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and iron.
*This recipe is modified from “Artichoke and Chicken Bake” by yooper on http://www.food.com.
- 2 (14 oz) cans water packed artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped small
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves – cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbl dill
- 1.5 tsp marjoram
- a chunk of fresh garlic (several cloves)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix everything thoroughly together. I try to avoid extra dishes, so I try to do this right in the (10″x15″ ish) pyrex dish I’m going to be baking it in … though admittedly it takes more precision than mixing in a bowl 😉
- Spread out mixture and bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes until chicken juices run clear