These super healthy treats live in the freezer. That way, you don’t have to battle with your conscious that “Well, they are fresh now, if I don’t have another one they’ll simply get –stale–“. That being said, these bad boys are a very healthy choice.
*This recipe is adapted from “Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins at practical-stewardship.com
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbl Flax meal + 9 Tbl water (mix and let sit several minutes)
- 1/4 tsp stevia + 3 Tbl water
- 1 Tbl coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbl lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp cinimmon
- 1 Tbl cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put out a bunch of muffin cups on a baking sheet.
- Prepare your flax meal/water mixture.
- Mix all dry ingredients, then add all wet ingredients including flax and blueberries.
- Put a ball into each muffin cup, I press them down only slightly.
- Bake 25-25 minutes (takes longer if blueberries were frozen). When time expires, i typically take one out to let cool and enjoy while giving the rest a bit more time – and then I can judge if they’re done by enjoying the ‘fruit’ of my labor 🙂
These are stored in the freezer and thaw in only a couple minutes – e.g. on demand. So, easy to double the recipe and save some work! Most of the ingredients are easy to double, just the flax/water/stevia combo gets tedious, so for those 3 ingredients doubled you’d want 1.25 cups water, 6 Tbl flax, 1/2 tsp stevia.