I love making teas, and any of these can be enjoyed as hot tea. But i found I love them even more as carbonated soda! Sugar is optional in my life…bubbles are not! I make the teas more concentrated and store them in the fridge. Then i pour 1 part tea to like 5 parts SodaStream carbonated water – so good!
Licorice Root Bark Tea
- Simmer licorice bark root in a teastrainer for a couple hours. This is a sweet tea that doesn’t taste anything like licorice. I honestly haven’t figured out what i think it tastes like… amaretto maybe?
- Fresh squeeze lemon or lime juice and add a little to glass and then fill with carbonated water.
- Simmer sliced ginger for a couple hours. I make this concentrated and add a couple drops of plain stevia before adding the carbonated water for a healthy, antioxidant ginger ale.
- Lipton Ice Tea Bags (2)
- Green Tea bag
Immune System Booster
- Piece of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1 tsp ginger
- lemon juice
Stevia Flavored Pops
There are also some commercial pop ‘squirt bottles’ that i’ve found very good.
- Sweetleaf Stevia Natural Water Drops
- A basic cola flavor: SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Liquid Stevia Sweetener, Cola
I have a Cherry Coke affinity, so was desperately trying to recreate this fix. Artificial cherry flavors that taste good are apparently hard to find (especially since i preferably didn’t want one fully synthetic). I found this brand ( OliveNation Set of 6 Berry Extracts ) that had a variety pack based on ‘real’ extracts and have been very pleased (tasty and I know I’m getting some good phyto-power in my pop!). I add a smallest drizzle i can pour to 10 drops of ‘Cola’ flavor to a large Stein mug and my craving is satisfied! The cranberry flavor is also awesome in beverages. The raspberry and blackberry are simply phenom in keto chocolate! …The blueberry and strawberry are, … eh. They seem pricey but i ordered mine nearing 6 months ago and still have all 6 bottles (though admittedly, the cherry is running low).